Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 26, 2014

3 Powerful Leadership Steps to Enhance Personal Productivity

“1,2,3”

(Simple Strategy for Getting Things Done)

Here is a very simple yet powerful concept around developing an effective time management strategy. I am unsure of the source of the information as my son passed it onto me. One morning I observed him writing down his to do list and instead of writing 1,2,3 (based around his tasks and priorities) he wrote 1,3,5 instead.

Curiosity got the better of me and so I asked him to explain.

He told me that it was a simple system that he had been using to become more productive.
The Number 1: Represented the most important task that he had to complete for the day.
Number 3: Represented medium level importance tasks and he listed three of those to be completed in the day.
Number 5: Represented easy tasks and there were five of them to be completed before days end.
What appeals to me about this concept is its simplicity and the fact that it forces you to prioritise your tasks so that you can direct your attention to the most important task first and yet you still have the satisfaction of being able to do some of the simple fun stuff on a daily basis.

If you are like me it also provides you with the satisfaction of ticking off the stuff that you do everyday, which boosts your self-esteem and confidence.

Simple, powerful and effective!


   

“Effective Time Management through Prioritisation”

No comments:

Post a Comment