Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 13, 2015

The 3 A's around Advice

Recently I discovered a valuable process around receiving advice.
It is very simple and very effective...in fact only three simple steps that all begin with the letter "A".
When receiving advice from someone work through the following steps:

A = Advice (What is the advice? What am I being told to do?)

A = Awareness ( What is my awareness around this advice? Who is providing it? How are they giving it to me? Who are they and do I respect their perspective?)

A = Action (What action should I take on this advice?)

Simple filter process that will allow you to make better decisions about the advice you are given?
Oh...final consideration, always realize that everyone will look at a situation differently to you because they are different.
So be mindful of who you ask and about what!


No comments:

Post a Comment