Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 14, 2014

Simple 3 Step Strategy for Efficiency

Recently whilst eating breakfast one weekend, I watched my son plan his to do list.
I think he is quite a visual person (like me ) and so lists are effective for him especially the tick signifying completion.
Anyway I was a little intrigued when he wrote the following numbers down the page...1,3,5. 
I was expecting him to write 1,2,3,4 etc and then write down the tasks in order of importance.
I had never seen 1,3,5 before.

After watching him write down the numbers he explained to me the simple time management concept behind it.
He said, "Number "1" represented the most important thing to be done on the list...in other words, the most urgent and important item".

"Number "3" represented the next three most important tasks to be completed by the end of the day"

Finally, he added, "Number "5" allows you to add five other tasks that you intend to complete before days end".

Simple and effective...

What I like about this model is the simple and straightforward process involved and how the model allows you to prioritise tasks very easily...the process actually forces you to make a decision about priorities and lets face it...how many times do you sit staring at a list of tasks struggling to separate one from the other?

This process forces you to make a decision about the importance and urgency of the tasks you undertake to complete.

The list is relatively short and should you complete it quickly then you can easily draft another.

Start your list today and see what a difference it makes.


No comments:

Post a Comment